Mens Health released their official “Drunkest Cities” report.
The report research is based off of:
- Death rates due to alcoholic liver disease
- Who’s headed there by regularly downing five or more drinks in a sitting (CDC).
- Drunk-driving arrests (FBI)
- Percentage of fatal accidents involving intoxicated motorists (U.S. Department of Transportation).
- MADD report card of state efforts to cut down on excessive drinking
I have listed the top 2 and the bottom 2 below:
Most Drunken Cities:
100 Denver, CO
99 Anchorage, AK
Least Drunken Cities:
2 Miami, FL
1 Durham, NC
See the Full List
Denver – If Atlanta, ranked as the 12th least drunken city, had distribution of the Belgium style Fat Tire Beer we would have given them a run for their money.
Anchorage – Big shocker….what the hell else is there to do besides suck snow and wrestle cola drinking polar bears ?
Miami- They screwed something up…either that or there is a cover up going on. Isn’t Miami where some of the biggest clubs and most dangerous drug king pins are. You telling me Latinos don’t drink?
Durham – UNC has one of the best MBA programs in America….now we know why. This city sucks - very few bars, full of research triangle geeks.
Perhaps even more interesting then the list, they have created a Geographical Map showing all of the stats from above by city. You can see it by clicking here.