By Matt Neuburg
Flow into iOS nine improvement by way of getting an organization seize of its basics, together with Xcode 7, the Cocoa contact framework, and Apple's speedy programming language. With this completely up to date advisor, you'll study Swift's object-oriented innovations, know the way to take advantage of Apple's improvement instruments, and become aware of how Cocoa offers the underlying performance iOS apps have to have.
- discover Swift's object-oriented ideas: variables and features, scopes and namespaces, item forms and instances
- familiarize yourself with integrated fast forms similar to numbers, strings, levels, tuples, Optionals, arrays, and dictionaries
- how you can claim, instantiate, and customise rapid item types—enums, structs, and classes
- realize robust fast gains resembling protocols and generics
- journey the lifecycle of an Xcode venture from inception to App Store
- Create app interfaces with nibs and the nib editor, Interface Builder
- comprehend Cocoa's event-driven version and its significant layout styles and features
- learn the way speedy communicates with Cocoa's C and Objective-C APIs
Read or Download iOS 9 Programming Fundamentals with Swift: Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa Basics PDF
Similar programming books
Grasp Qt's strongest APIs, styles, and improvement Practices
Qt has developed right into a remarkably robust answer for cross-platform computer, net, and cellular improvement. notwithstanding, even the main skilled Qt programmers merely use a fragment of its functions. furthermore, sensible information regarding Qt's latest positive aspects has been scarce—until now.
Advanced Qt Programming exhibits builders precisely easy methods to take complete benefit of Qt four. 5's and Qt four. 6's most useful new APIs, program styles, and improvement practices. Authored through Qt professional Mark Summerfield, this booklet concentrates on strategies that supply the main strength and suppleness with the least additional complexity.
Summerfield focuses specifically on model/view and graphics/view programming, hybrid desktop/Web purposes, threading, and purposes incorporating media and wealthy textual content. all through, he offers life like, downloadable code examples, all validated on home windows, Mac OS X, and Linux utilizing Qt four. 6 (and so much confirmed on Qt four. five) and designed to expect destiny types of Qt. The book
Walks via utilizing Qt with WebKit to create leading edge hybrid desktop/Internet applications
Shows easy methods to use the Phonon framework to construct robust multimedia applications
Presents state of the art thoughts for utilizing model/view desk and tree versions, QStandardItemModels, delegates, and perspectives, and for developing customized desk and tree types, delegates, and views
Explains how you can write better threaded courses with the QtConcurrent module and with the QThread class
Includes specified insurance of making wealthy textual content editors and documents
Thoroughly covers graphics/view programming: structure, home windows, widgets, layouts, scenes, and more
Introduces Qt four. 6's robust animation and kingdom laptop frameworks
The enjoyment of Clojure, moment variation is a deep account of the Clojure language. absolutely up to date for Clojure 1. 6, this new version is going past the syntax to teach you the way to write down fluent Clojure code. You'll research sensible and declarative techniques to programming and should grasp innovations that make Clojure dependent and effective.
Make a second RPG in a Weekend exhibits you the way to create your personal dungeon crawler online game in RPG Maker VX Ace in one weekend. the total technique, from begin to end, is roofed inside this e-book. you'll discover numerous dungeon maps and occasions, all damaged down in your convenience.
One of the toughest elements of online game improvement is basically completing a video game, however it can be the most very important steps that allows you to turning into a online game developer. when you have but to complete a video game, this publication provide you with the arrogance and assets you want to ultimately have the capacity to create your personal RPG. as soon as you've accomplished the sport during this ebook, you'll have the ability to regulate it up to you love, including new monsters and quests, and you'll have the talents to move directly to create your moment video game all on your own. one of the themes coated during this e-book are:
• growing a variety of varieties of enemy encounters through using the eventing system.
• making a exact sector that enables the participant to select their personality of selection rather than being pressured to play a specific character.
• smart makes use of of occasions to create goods that let the participant to come back to city immediately and summon cars to their facet.
Docker boxes provide easier, speedier, and extra strong equipment for constructing, dispensing, and working software program than formerly on hand. With this hands-on consultant, you'll study why boxes are so vital, what you'll achieve by means of adopting Docker, and the way to make it a part of your improvement approach.
- Practical Cryptology and Web Security
- Smart Client Architecture and Design Guide Version 1.0: Patterns and Practices by Staff of Microsoft, Mark Boulter (Foreword by)
- Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe 2011: 16th Ada-Europe International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies, Edinburgh, UK, June 20-24, 2011. Proceedings
- Clojure for Machine Learning
- Head First Design Patterns
- Game Programming Gems, Volume 2
Additional resources for iOS 9 Programming Fundamentals with Swift: Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa Basics
Klass. The namespace does not, of itself, provide secrecy or privacy; it’s a convenience. Thus, in Example 1-1, I gave Manny a Klass class, and I also gave Moe a Klass class. Klass. It will not have escaped your attention that the syntax for diving explicitly into a name‐ space is the message-sending dot-notation syntax. They are, in fact, the same thing. In effect, message-sending allows you to see into scopes you can’t see into otherwise. Klass. It can do that because it can see Manny (because Manny is declared at a level that code inside Moe can see).
Klass. It will not have escaped your attention that the syntax for diving explicitly into a name‐ space is the message-sending dot-notation syntax. They are, in fact, the same thing. In effect, message-sending allows you to see into scopes you can’t see into otherwise. Klass. It can do that because it can see Manny (because Manny is declared at a level that code inside Moe can see). Modules The top-level namespaces are modules. By default, your app is a module and hence a namespace; that namespace’s name is, roughly speaking, the name of the app.
Klass. It can do that because it can see Manny (because Manny is declared at a level that code inside Moe can see). Modules The top-level namespaces are modules. By default, your app is a module and hence a namespace; that namespace’s name is, roughly speaking, the name of the app. Manny. But I don’t usually need to use that real name, because my code is already inside the same namespace, and can see the name Manny directly. Namespaces | 13 Frameworks are also modules, and hence they are also namespaces.