By Nicole S. Young
Are you a “foodie” seeking to take attention-grabbing pictures of your culinary concoctions? Do you've a nutrients weblog that you’d prefer to improve with larger visuals? do you need to create pictures that conjure up the flavors of your favourite meals yet lack the photographic strategy to make it ensue? Then this e-book is for you!
In meals images: From Snapshots to nice Shots, photographer Nicole younger dishes up the fundamentals on getting the suitable digital camera equipment–lights, lenses, reflectors, etc.–and takes you thru the major photographic rules of aperture, ISO, and shutter velocity. She then discusses lighting fixtures and composition and exhibits the way to variety nutrients utilizing props, materials, and tabletops. eventually, she explains the way to increase your pictures via sprucing, colour enhancement, and different modifying recommendations. superbly illustrated with huge, vivid photographs, this booklet deals the sensible suggestion and specialist taking pictures assistance you must get the meals photos you will want each time you choose up your camera.
persist with with your pleasant and a professional advisor, photographer and writer Nicole S. younger, and also you will:
• Use your camera’s settings to realize complete keep watch over over the appear and feel of your images
• Master the photographic fundamentals of composition, concentration, intensity of box, and masses more
• Learn to reinforce your foodstuff photos utilizing expert nutrition styling ideas
• Get pointers on forms of lighting fixtures, together with strobes, flashes, and common light
• Improve the glance of your pictures utilizing Adobe Photoshop
• Go “behind the scenes” and stroll during the strategy of growing nice nutrition photos with a whole bankruptcy of start-to-finish examples
And as soon as you’ve received the shot, exhibit it off! sign up for the book’s Flickr team to percentage your photographs, recipes, and suggestions at flickr.com/group/foodphotographyfromsnapshotstogreatshots. <p style="margin: 0px;">
Read or Download Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots PDF
Similar photography books
A accomplished examine all facets of photographing activities teams—from deciding on and utilizing apparatus to processing and providing the photographs whereas development a shopper base—this reference proves integral to any photographer seeking to extend their repertoire or department out right into a new career.
A colourful, moveable advisor to the entire good points of Nikon's D3200 dSLR
The Nikon D3200 dSLR digital camera is full of outstanding positive factors like a 24-megapixel sensor, complete HD video power with fulltime autofocus, and four frames-per-second non-stop capturing mode. This full-color advisor presents directions for the entire buttons, dials, modes, and menus plus a refresher path in images fundamentals. It illustrates the necessities of lighting fixtures, composition, and publicity with lots of examples, and writer Alan Hess, veteran live performance photographer, even contains expert tips about enhancing graphics, candids, activities and trip pictures, and lots more and plenty extra.
Sized to slot in a digital camera bag, the e-book features a bonus grey and colour checker card to assist dSLR beginners seize excellent white stability and colour whenever.
• Nikon's interesting D3200 dSLR bargains a 24-megapixel sensor, complete HD (1080p) video recording with fulltime autofocus and four fps high-speed non-stop capturing mode, and a number of alternative features
• This full-color advisor, in a conveyable 6 x 9-inch trim explains all of the camera's settings, buttons, menus, and modes with step by step directions
• Explains how you can decide on lenses, alter white stability, use autofocus, and deal with publicity
• writer photographer Alan Hess offers recommendation on enhancing your candids, images, activities and commute photographs, macro images, and extra, with beautiful examples
• contains a grey and colour checker card that will help you in achieving excellent color
Nikon D3200 electronic box advisor is your new Nikon's ally. Take it in every single place you're taking your digital camera and feature specialist recommendation at your fingertips.
The electronic age of paintings has made it more uncomplicated than ever for an artist to alter what his paintings will appear like while entire. refined alterations in colour composition might be made repeatedly to accomplish a great photograph. although, masterful colour administration is ready greater than figuring out tips on how to use the instruments provided via your photograph editor.
Images has reworked the best way we photo ourselves. even supposing images appear to "prove" our lifestyles at a given cut-off date, additionally they show the impossibility of framing our a number of and fragmented selves. As Linda Haverty Rugg convincingly exhibits, photography's double tackle self-image mirrors the troubles of autobiographers, who see the self as at the same time divided (in observing/being) and unified via the autobiographical act.
- The Bang-Bang Club: Snapshots from a Hidden War
- Boudoir Lighting: Simple Techniques for Dramatic Photography
- Nikon D3000 For Dummies
- Night and Low-Light Photography Photo Workshop
Extra info for Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
This image was backlit with a very large North-facing window, and reflectors were placed in front of the dish to add fill light to the front of the food. Canon 7D ISO 100 1/30 sec. 6 70–200mm lens I added salt and pepper as a finishing touch to provide texture for the photograph. Poring over The PicTure My inspiration for the food I photograph comes from a lot of different places, including the grocery store. One day while I was shopping, I saw a package of ready-to-eat crepes and decided to work them into a photo.
You can do this by using a modifier, like a softbox or shoot-through umbrella, or by placing any type of white translucent substance in front of the light source. 2 a piece of translucent fabric, to soften and block the harsh When the outer fabric of this reflector (called a “five-in-one” reflector) is removed, it has a transparent white mesh inside that can be used to diffuse harsh sunlight. 2). disTance The location and distance of the light in relation to your subject will play a huge part in determining the softness or harshness of the light.
There are honestly too many on the market these days to count, and they’re all different in their own unique ways. Some are very simple, with few options or settings to choose from, and others are so complicated and advanced that they are virtually on par with an SLR camera. You may be wondering whether you can get a good photograph, more specifically, a good food photograph, from a point-and-shoot. My answer is…maybe. 2), but because of the nature of a P&S, you will have much less control over the camera (specifically with depth of field) than you would with an SLR.