By Desiderius Erasmus, Wallace K. Ferguson
Read Online or Download Erasmi Opuscula: A Supplement to the Opera Omnia PDF
Similar nonfiction_10 books
Stereochemical and Stereophysical habit of Macrocycles offers with the stereochemical and stereophysical houses of macrocyclic ligands and their coordination compounds. extra in particular, the stereochemistry of metal macrocyclics is mentioned, besides the connection among the thermodynamics and stereochemistry of macrocyclics and cryptates.
Pascal Salin a few of the texts that have been used for the current ebook have been awarded as papers at a convention equipped in Brussels through Michiel van Notten for the 1 Institutum Europaeum in December 1980on the topic of eu financial Union and foreign money pageant. in spite of the fact that, this e-book is greater than the mere court cases of a convention.
The twelve contributions during this quantity characterize the result of a 10 12 months interdisciplinary workshop on "desert margins" - thinking about the geomorphological, geochemica, mineralogical, sedimentological, soil medical characterisation of (semi-) deserts in Spain, Africa, Arabia and China. wilderness sediments and soils in addition to techniques and features in their formation are seemed from diversified geoscientific views.
Examine into the strategies of tolerance and sensitization has escalated at a considerable fee lately, possibly as a result of primary value of realizing the long term, as antagonistic just to the preliminary, acute results of substances. The speedy of such examine lately is documented c1early by way of development the editors within the introductory bankruptcy to this article.
- Spatial Orientation: Theory, Research, and Application
- Optimality in Infinite Horizon Economies
- The Tragic Protest
- Clinico-Pathological Atlas of Congenital Fundus Disorders
- Adhesives, Sealants, and Coatings for Space and Harsh Environments
- Philosophical Papers and Letters
Additional info for Erasmi Opuscula: A Supplement to the Opera Omnia
For discussion of Julius II and of Erasmus' attitude toward hirn, see IE Introd. 36 EPIGRAMMA ERASMI IN IVLlVM 11 EPIGRAMMA ERASMI IN IVLIVM 11 5 10 15 20 Vt examussim quadrat in te Iulii Nomen secundi. Plane es alter Iulius. Et pontifex fuit ille quorrdam maximus, Et per nefas arripuit ille tyrannidem. Nec secius illi, quam tibi modo placet, Violata placuit gratia regni fides. Contempsit ille deos; et hoc es Iulius. Orbem vniuersum caede, bello, sanguine Miscebat ille; et hoc es alter Iulius. Vexator ille Galliarum maximus ; Es et ipse pestis Galliarum maximus.
Sum placabilis ac misereri pronus, et ad nos Vix confugit quisquam miser. Denique iustus ego vindexque seuerus iniqui; Nostri metus vix vllum habet. 25 Proinde mei desertor homo, socordia si te Adducet in mortem tua, Praeteritum nihil est. In me ne reice culpam; Malorum es ipse auctor tibi. 15. itut' ad astra. Cf. Virgil: Aeneid, IX, 641. 23-8. Compare the similar turn of the argument in Satit'a prima. 75-86. IN EVROPAE A MONACHIS SVBACTAE PICTVRAM. R. INTRODUCTION The foilowing epigram is to be found in the interesting coilection of pasquinades edited at Basle in 1544 by Coelius Secundus Curio 1).
15. itut' ad astra. Cf. Virgil: Aeneid, IX, 641. 23-8. Compare the similar turn of the argument in Satit'a prima. 75-86. IN EVROPAE A MONACHIS SVBACTAE PICTVRAM. R. INTRODUCTION The foilowing epigram is to be found in the interesting coilection of pasquinades edited at Basle in 1544 by Coelius Secundus Curio 1). The majority of the epigrams in this valuable little work were evidently true pasquinades, and no doubt made their first appearance on the statue of Pasquino at Rome 2); but many of them were certainly written in Germany and had no connection with Italy.