By Mark Summerfield
Master Qt's strongest APIs, styles, and improvement Practices
Qt has developed right into a remarkably robust answer for cross-platform computer, net, and cellular improvement. notwithstanding, even the main skilled Qt programmers basically use a fragment of its services. furthermore, functional information regarding Qt's latest gains has been scarce—until now.
Advanced Qt Programming indicates builders precisely how you can take complete good thing about Qt 4.5's and Qt 4.6's most respected new APIs, software styles, and improvement practices. Authored by means of Qt specialist Mark Summerfield, this booklet concentrates on thoughts that supply the main strength and adaptability with the least additional complexity.
Summerfield focuses specifically on model/view and graphics/view programming, hybrid desktop/Web functions, threading, and functions incorporating media and wealthy textual content. all through, he provides real looking, downloadable code examples, all verified on home windows, Mac OS X, and Linux utilizing Qt 4.6 (and such a lot demonstrated on Qt 4.5) and designed to expect destiny models of Qt. The book
Walks via utilizing Qt with WebKit to create cutting edge hybrid desktop/Internet applications
Shows tips to use the Phonon framework to construct strong multimedia applications
Presents cutting-edge recommendations for utilizing model/view desk and tree versions, QStandardItemModels, delegates, and perspectives, and for developing customized desk and tree types, delegates, and views
Explains easy methods to write greater threaded courses with the QtConcurrent module and with the QThread class
Includes precise insurance of making wealthy textual content editors and documents
Thoroughly covers graphics/view programming: structure, home windows, widgets, layouts, scenes, and more
Introduces Qt 4.6's strong animation and kingdom laptop frameworks
By David Pallmann
How software program builders process caliber performs a pivotal position within the winning end result in their projects—yet all too frequently, caliber is left to QA departments. It’s time to alter that considering. In The Programmer’s advisor to caliber Assurance, veteran developer David Pallmann presents transparent useful assistance to programmers on taking possession of software program caliber and trying out their paintings. realize how to:
• perform the software program caliber technique rather than reacting to it
• set up caliber on your designs and code
• attempt your paintings extra completely
• practice practical testing
• practice antagonistic testing
• Leverage automatic testing
• learn and debug problems
• repair insects completely
• comprehend motives and treatments of many varieties of bugs
By Stormy Attaway
Assuming no wisdom of programming, this e-book offers either programming innovations and MATLAB’s integrated capabilities, offering an ideal platform for exploiting MATLAB’s vast features for tackling engineering difficulties. It starts off with programming suggestions corresponding to variables, assignments, input/output, and choice statements, strikes onto loops after which solves difficulties utilizing either the ‘programming concept’ and the ‘power of MATLAB’ side-by-side. In-depth insurance is given to input/output, a subject that's basic to many engineering applications.
By Carlos Oliveira
Objective-C Programmer’s Reference presents the instruments essential to write software program in Objective-C—the language of selection for constructing iOS and OS X purposes. writer Carlos Oliveira starts off from the elemental construction blocks of the language. He exhibits easy methods to create right and effective functions through using your wisdom of object-oriented and established programming. This book:
Takes you fast via primary options equivalent to interfaces and sophistication implementations.
offers a concise connection with the basis Framework that's all-important whilst programming in Objective-C.
Highlights key adjustments among Objective-C and different renowned languages corresponding to Java or Python.
presents the basics of Cocoa and Cocoa contact, that are the normal for OS X and iOS development.
Objective-C Programmer’s Reference makes vast use of options already mastered via builders who're fluent in different languages comparable to C++, Java, Perl, and Python. The author’s strategy is logical and dependent, or even beginner builders may have a simple time soaking up an important issues essential to software in Objective-C.
Objective-C Programmer’s Reference is a e-book for pro builders in Objective-C, or people who are relocating to Objective-C from different languages. The publication is written for readers who lack the time to speculate in additional conventional books, which generally spend hundreds of thousands of pages to provide an explanation for suggestions which are a part of the operating programmer’s average vocabulary.
What you’ll learn
snatch the elemental syntax of the Objective-C language.
Create periods and techniques in Objective-C.
practice Objective-C’s message-passing mechanism to simplify your code and steer clear of deep classification hierarchies.
shop and entry dynamic information via Objective-C’s integrated, key-value system.
Make powerful use of box periods equivalent to arrays and dictionaries with their immutable and mutable versions.
Create uncomplicated functions for iPhones, iPads, Macbooks, and different iOS and Mac OS X devices.
Who this publication is for
Objective-C Programmer’s Reference is for programmers in Objective-C who're searching for a convenient connection with hold them on best in their video game. The e-book can be designed for programmers relocating to Objective-C from another language, in particular from one other C-like language equivalent to Java or C#, supplying simply that extra bit that's had to move their services into Objective-C and get a leg up on growing purposes for the iOS and OS X structures underlying Apple’s highly winning units akin to the iPhone, iPad, and Macbook.
Table of Contents
Part 1: The Language
Chapter 1. The C in Objective-C
Chapter 2. Classes
Chapter three. Strings and box Classes
Chapter four. different types and Protocols
Chapter five. Inheritance
Chapter 6. Blocks
Chapter 7. Dynamic Binding
Chapter eight. reminiscence Management
Chapter nine. Key-Value Coding
Chapter 10. The dossier System
Part 2: Reference
Chapter eleven. the basis Framework
Part three: The Tools
Chapter 12. The Compiler
Chapter thirteen. The Preprocessor
Chapter 14. Unit Testing
Chapter 15. Debugging
Part four: Writing Apps for OS X and iOS
Chapter sixteen. development OS X GUI Applications
Chapter 17. construction iOS Apps
By Kelly Black
R is most fitted to supply information and visible analytics via customizable scripts and instructions, rather than commonplace statistical instruments that offer tick packing containers and drop-down menus for clients.
The ebook is split into 3 components that will help you practice those steps. It starts off by means of supplying you with an summary of the elemental information kinds, information buildings, and instruments on hand in R which are used to unravel universal projects. It then strikes directly to provide insights and examples on object-oriented programming with R; this comprises an creation to the fundamental keep watch over constructions to be had in R with examples. it is usually information on easy methods to enforce S3 and S4 periods. ultimately, the booklet presents 3 distinct examples that exhibit how one can carry all of those principles jointly.
By Mickey Petersen
When you've got learn this e-book you are going to comprehend Emacs
Learn Emacs from the floor up. within the getting to know Emacs booklet you'll research the solutions to all of the techniques that take weeks, months or perhaps years to really research, multi functional place.
“Emacs is the sort of tough editor to learn”
But why is it so challenging to profit? because it seems, it's generally a similar handful of concerns that everybody faces.
If you could have attempted to profit Emacs you could have struggled with an analogous difficulties everybody faces, and few tutorials to determine you thru it.
I have devoted the 1st 1/2 the booklet to explaining the essence of Emacs — and in doing so, find out how to conquer those issues:
- Memorizing Emacs’s keys: you'll research Emacs one key at a time, beginning with the arrow keys. To think effective in Emacs, it’s vital you begin on an equivalent footing — with out too many new suggestions and keys to memorize. every one bankruptcy will introduce extra keys and ideas so that you can research at your personal pace.
- Discovering new modes and features: Emacs is a self-documenting editor, and that i will train you ways to take advantage of the apropos, information, and describe method to find new modes and contours, or assist you locate stuff you forgot!
- Customizing Emacs: You don’t need to examine Emacs Lisp to change loads of Emacs’s performance. such a lot adjustments you need to make are attainable utilizing Emacs’s customise interface and that i will allow you to use it efficiently.
- Understanding the terminology: Emacs is so outdated it predates virtually some other editor and all smooth consumer interfaces. i've got a complete bankruptcy devoted to the original terminology in Emacs; the way it isn't like different editors, and what that suggests to you.
- stream Commands: There are dozens of stream instructions and that i will enable you to use them to get from the place you're right here you want to go.
- editing Text: enhancing textual content is something Emacs is mainly reliable at. find out how to transpose and kill textual content; the best way to seek and substitute with commonplace expressions; type by way of traces or styles; columnate textual content with the alignment instructions; tips to filter out and count number issues; and lots more and plenty more.
- choices and Regions: what's some extent and what’s a mark? Why is choosing textual content in Emacs so various? how one can use choices effectively.
- Window Management: Emacs is a tiling window supervisor and realizing Emacs’s windowing approach is a key a part of utilizing Emacs.
- Macros: Emacs ships with a really subtle macro facility that permits you to automate textual content modifying initiatives. I’ll express you the way you ways to automate textual content enhancing with macros to avoid wasting time.
- Workflow: a number of in-depth workflow tutorials the place I remedy a specific challenge with Emacs utilizing a number of integrated instruments and amenities to teach you the way to exploit and mix the abilities you could have discovered. I clarify tips to discover and know about an hitherto unknown function in Emacs; easy methods to use Dired to control documents and directories; the best way to use TRAMP to seamlessly edit documents remotely; and the way to name out to exterior shells.
When you learn my ebook you'll tips on how to triumph over a majority of these concerns and, with perform, grasp all of them.
Not only for beginners…
When you've got learn and understood the 1st 1/2 the e-book — instructing you the fundamentals of Emacs — the opposite half the booklet covers the sensible, hands-on abilities that’ll enhance your productivity:
Download Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization: 13th by Oktay Günlük, Jeff Linderoth (auth.), Andrea Lodi, PDF
By Oktay Günlük, Jeff Linderoth (auth.), Andrea Lodi, Alessandro Panconesi, Giovanni Rinaldi (eds.)
The quantity includes the papers chosen for presentation at IPCO 2008, the thirteenth overseas convention on Integer Programming and Combinatorial - timization that used to be held in Bertinoro (Italy), may perhaps 26–28, 2008. The IPCO sequence of meetings, subsidized by way of the Mathematical Progr- ming Society, highlights contemporary advancements in idea, computation, and app- cation of integer programming and combinatorial optimization. The ?rst conf- ence happened in 1990; ranging from IPCO 1995, the complaints are released within the Lecture Notes in computing device technological know-how sequence. The 12 prior IPCO meetings have been held in Waterloo (Canada) 1990, Pittsburgh (USA) 1992, Erice (Italy) 1993, Copenhagen (Denmark) 1995 [LNCS 920], Vancouver (Canada) 1996 [LNCS 1084], Houston (USA) 1998 [LNCS 1412], Graz (Austria) 1999 [LNCS 1610], Utrecht (The Netherlands) 2001 [LNCS 2081], Boston (USA) 2002 [LNCS 2337], big apple (USA) 2004 [LNCS 2986], Berlin (Germany) 2005 [LNCS 3509], and Ithaca (USA) 2007 [LNCS 4168]. The c- ference isn't really held within the years whilst the overseas Symposium of the Ma- ematical Programming Society takes place.
By Timothy Binkley-Jones, Massimo Perga, Michael Sync, Adam Benoit
Home windows cellphone eight in motion is a finished consultant to constructing apps for the WP8 platform. It covers the home windows cell Runtime and .NET APIs used to paintings with a phone’s sensors and undefined, together with the accelerometer, digicam, gyroscope, GPS, and microphone. you are going to learn how to write code to dial the telephone, write emails, ship textual content messages, and realize speech. The e-book additionally teaches you to construct purposes that use situation and push notification.
ABOUT THIS BOOK:
With 10 million (and mountaineering) energetic handsets, home windows telephone eight has develop into a true replacement to Android and iOS. WP clients are hungry for nice apps, so it’s time so that you can begin developing them!
Windows mobilephone eight in motion teaches you ways to layout, construct, and promote WP8 apps. In it, you’ll discover ways to use the WP Runtime and .NET APIs to regulate key positive aspects just like the accelerometer, digital camera, GPS, and microphone. This example-driven publication additionally exhibits you ways to jot down functions that use place and push notification, greater navigation companies, and WP8′s deep multimedia capabilities.
You’ll desire a operating wisdom of C#. No event with home windows telephone or XAML is required.
Build your first cellphone app
Master the home windows cell eight interface
How to promote at the home windows cell Store
Use beneficial properties like voice reputation and media