By Max Prasac
Is higher larger? You guess it really is, whilst it is a big-bore revolver!
Big-Bore Revolvers deals a one-stop source for the wheelgun amateur to the hardened veteran and everybody in among. With in-depth insurance of industrial and wildcat calibers and their effectiveness, theoretical and real software of terminal ballistics and a close examine modern to be had revolver structures, this is often the main complete booklet ever released at the topic.
Inside you will find:
- A one-stop source for every little thing you will have and wish to grasp approximately big-bore revolvers
- Foreword through Dick Casull, smooth big-bore revolver pioneer and father of the cartridge that consists of his name--the well-known .454 Casull
- A finished examine dozens of outsized cartridges, their designers and ballistics
- Detailed descriptions of the power-house revolvers that may deal with big-bore loads--even if you happen to can't!
- More than 250 full-color pictures, highlighting cartridge comparisons, the revolvers themselves, and the massive and hazardous online game which are no fit for the devastating strength of those firearms.
- And a lot, a lot more!
With a distinct examine the pioneers in the back of the big-bore revolution, and hunt tales as mammoth because the weapons and cartridges themselves, this can be one publication each handgun lover and hunter should want to learn conceal to hide. Authored by means of big-bore revolver aficionado Max Prasac, and with collaboration from John Parker and Jack Huntington, of the main authoritative names in big-bore revolver circles, this compendium of evidence, background and first-hand stories at the back of the points of interest fills a long-vacant niche.
Read or Download Big-Bore Revolvers PDF
Best antiques & collectibles books
- dialogue of hid hold handgun choice and use, with thorough clarification of legislation and security precautions- includes a examine handgun holsters- comprises listings of customized pistolsmiths, colleges and coaching academies, and holster brands
Smith & Wesson built a few of the greatest and boldest gunfighters, either genuine and fictional, together with Wild invoice Hickock, Buffalo invoice and soiled Harry, whose exploits are nonetheless mythical. this present day a renewed Smith & Wesson company is again within the entrance of the pack. usual Catalog of Smith & Wesson, third variation combines complete colour images with information creditors have to establish and higher enjoy all Smith & Wesson firearms.
Gun Trader's consultant is the unique reference advisor for gun values. For greater than part a century, this publication has been the normal reference for creditors, curators, buyers, shooters, and gun fanatics. Now in a totally up to date variation, it is still the definitive resource for making trained judgements on used firearms purchases.
First full-length biography of famed US gun maker, Ansley H Fox. additionally a close background of America's most interesting shotguns.
- The Custom 1911
- Allied Special Forces Insignia 1939 - 1948
- The Blackwell Encyclopedia of Management, Organizational Behavior (Blackwell Encyclopaedia of Management) (Volume 11)
Additional info for Big-Bore Revolvers
61 inches. Dan Wesson was the sole manufacturer of revolvers in this specialized caliber. 414 was originally intended for competition in metallic silhouette. 41 Magnum fodder. 44 Magnum. 44 Magnum. Still a viable performer when loaded correctly, this cartridge is a great big-bore alternative for the recoil-sensitive, as its low pressure delivers relatively mild recoil impulses. 16 inches. 44 Magnum-chambered revolvers. This cartridge does indeed make for a great defensive round, as it is easily handled and delivers a fairly large bullet.
500 Linebaugh right. 500 Linebaugh is a true big-game hammer. 510-bore diameter. Maximum pressures should be kept in the 33,000 to 36,000 psi range, though it will safely go higher. 500 Linebaugh is that it doesn’t need to be pushed hard to work well on large game (with the caveat, of course, that it is loaded correctly and with a good bullet). In fact, through testing we have found that, with cast, wide-meplat bullets in the 500-grain range, even 1,100 fps is more than adequate for even the largest of ungulates.
44 Magnum. Not nearly as “snappy,” for lack of a better term, but you will still take notice. Truly a great choice for the big game hunter who is somewhat recoil sensitive. 45 Colt and building special five-shot cylinders on Colt SAA revolvers. In those days, with limited gunpowder options, one had to get creative in order to achieve high velocities. 45 ACP round), by loading two grains of Unique, 25 grains of H 2400, and three grains of Bullseye. At the time, highly compacted triplex loads were the only path to achieving the pressures necessary to reach the velocities he sought.