By Jeff Linwood, Dave Minter
Beginning Hibernate, moment Edition is perfect if you’re skilled in Java with databases (the conventional, or “connected,” approach), yet new to open-source, light-weight Hibernate—the de facto object-relational mapping and database-oriented software improvement framework.
This publication packs in information concerning the unlock of the Hibernate 3.5 endurance layer and offers a transparent creation to the present commonplace for object-relational endurance in Java. and because the booklet retains its specialise in Hibernate with out losing time on nonessential third-party instruments, you’ll be ready to instantly begin construction transaction-based engines and applications.
Experienced authors Dave Minter and Jeff Linwood supply extra in-depth examples than the other publication for Hibernate rookies. The authors additionally current fabric in a full of life, example-based manner—not a dry, theoretical, hard-to-read fashion.
What you’ll learn
* how you can construct company Java-based transaction-type functions that entry advanced info with Hibernate, together with software program as a provider (SaaS)
* tips on how to paintings with Hibernate 3.5
* the place to combine into the endurance lifecycle, together with cloud program implications
* the way to map utilizing annotations, Hibernate XML records, and extra
* how one can seek and question with the hot model of Hibernate
* whilst to combine with Spring, Grails, and extra
Who this e-book is for
This ebook is for Java builders who are looking to find out about Hibernate.
Table of Contents
* An creation to Hibernate
* Integrating and Configuring Hibernate
* construction an easy Application
* The endurance lifestyles Cycle
* an summary of Mapping
* Mapping with Annotations
* growing Mappings with Hibernate XML Files
* utilizing the Session
* Searches and Queries
* complex Queries utilizing standards
* Filtering the result of Searches
* Case Study — utilizing Hibernate with an current Database
Read Online or Download Beginning Hibernate (2nd Edition) PDF
Best java books
Begin development strong courses with Java 6—fast!
Get an summary of Java 6 and start development your personal programs
Even if you're new to Java programming—or to programming in general—you can wake up and working in this wildly renowned language in a rush. This e-book makes it effortless! From the best way to set up and run Java to realizing periods and gadgets and juggling values with arrays and collections, you'll get up to the mark at the new gains of Java 6 in no time.
Discover how to
* Use object-oriented programming
* paintings with the alterations in Java 6 and JDK 6
* shop time by way of reusing code
* Troubleshoot code difficulties and attach insects
The newest variation of Java in a Nutshell is designed to aid skilled Java programmers get the main out of Java 7 and eight, yet it’s additionally a studying direction for brand spanking new builders. Chock filled with examples that display the best way to take whole benefit of sleek Java APIs and improvement most sensible practices, the 1st portion of this completely up-to-date publication offers a fast paced, no-fluff creation to the Java programming language and the center runtime elements of the Java platform.
If youre conversant in JIRA for factor monitoring, malicious program monitoring, and different makes use of, you recognize it could actually occasionally be tough to establish and deal with. during this concise publication, software program toolsmith Matt Doar solutions tricky and frequently-asked questions about JIRA management, and indicates you ways JIRA is meant for use.
Over 60 hands-on recipes that can assist you successfully create advanced and hugely custom-made company intranet strategies with Liferay Portal 6. x CE approximately This BookLearn the best way to use Liferay Portal to create a completely useful intranet company with a transparent constitution and database of all departments and staff of your companySave it slow and funds by means of taking keep an eye on of your information, files, and company processesPacked with step by step, real-world examples that will help you with the install, deployment, and configuration of Liferay and that will help you run robust instruments to your staff or clientsWho This ebook Is ForIf you're a Java developer or administrator with a technical historical past and need to put in and configure Liferay Portal as an company intranet, this can be the ebook for you.
- Alfresco enterprise content management implementation : how to install, use, and customize this powerful, free, open-source Java-based enterprise CMS
- Professional JSP
- Professional Portal Development with Open Source Tools: Java Portlet API, Lucene, James, Slide
- Google Web Toolkit GWT Java AJAX Programming: A step-by-step to Google Web Toolkit for creating Ajax applications fast
- Wicked Cool Java: Code Bits, Open-Source Libraries, and Project Ideas
- Professional JSP
Extra info for Beginning Hibernate (2nd Edition)
JNDIpropertyname> Passes any JNDI property you like to the JNDI InitialContext. url Provides the URL for JNDI. max_fetch_depth Determines how deep Hibernate will go to fetch the results of an outer join. Used by Hibernate’s outer join loader. order_updates Orders SQL update statements by each primary key. proxool Prefix for the Proxool database connection pool. existing_pool Configures Proxool with an existing pool. pool_alias The alias to use for any of the configured Proxool pools previously mentioned.
You must obtain these yourself—typically, the database provider will offer them as a separate download, or they may be bundled with your database installation. Because every relational database—and hence every JDBC driver—behaves slightly differently, the Hibernate team created dialects to abstract away the differences. These dialects define the SQL variant and the specific database features to use for each vendor’s database. Every project that uses Hibernate must specify one dialect in the Hibernate configuration file.
The SessionFactory object binds to the JNDI location specified on the JMX MBean, and your Java application can then use standard JNDI calls to obtain the session factory. The other MBean supplies statistics. Hibernate can log statistics about the performance of query execution, caching, and object entity operations. Using a JMX console, an administrator can enable statistics and then access up-to-date performance indicators through the console. The advantage of JMX over programmatic access to these features is that administrators or other non-developers may change properties at run time through a standardized JMX console that is independent of Hibernate and applies to a range of other frameworks and components.