By Vipul Gupta
What you’ll learn
- Use GWT’s distant process name (RPC) features to enormously improve the person event by way of optimizing software functionality
- Go past simple syntax basics to benefit the best way to such a lot successfully layout and attempt your GWT functions
- Build advanced interfaces via benefiting from GWT’s complex widget choices
Who this publication is for
Java–minded internet builders looking to contain Ajax functions into their internet functions with out sacrificing sound improvement rules.
Table of Contents
- GWT fundamentals and a primary software
- GWT structure and inner good points
- UI Programming: easy Widgets
- Communication: RPC
- UI Programming: dealing with occasions and utilizing AdvancedWidgets
- Communication: complicated recommendations
- Testing GWT functions
- Internationalizing Your functions: A modern day fact
- Some vital, Not-to-Be-Missed innovations
- Peeking Into the approaching GWT 1.5 liberate
Read Online or Download Accelerated GWT: Building Enterprise Google Web Toolkit Applications PDF
Best java books
Begin construction strong courses with Java 6—fast!
Get an summary of Java 6 and start construction your personal programs
Even if you're new to Java programming—or to programming in general—you can wake up and operating in this wildly well known language in a rush. This booklet makes it effortless! From the right way to set up and run Java to figuring out sessions and gadgets and juggling values with arrays and collections, you'll get up to the mark at the new beneficial properties of Java 6 in no time.
Discover how to
* Use object-oriented programming
* paintings with the adjustments in Java 6 and JDK 6
* retailer time by way of reusing code
* Troubleshoot code difficulties and attach insects
The most recent variation of Java in a Nutshell is designed to assist skilled Java programmers get the main out of Java 7 and eight, yet it’s additionally a studying course for brand spanking new builders. Chock packed with examples that reveal the way to take entire benefit of sleek Java APIs and improvement top practices, the 1st element of this completely up-to-date e-book offers a fast paced, no-fluff advent to the Java programming language and the center runtime points of the Java platform.
If youre acquainted with JIRA for factor monitoring, malicious program monitoring, and different makes use of, you recognize it will probably occasionally be tough to establish and deal with. during this concise publication, software program toolsmith Matt Doar solutions tricky and frequently-asked questions about JIRA management, and indicates you the way JIRA is meant for use.
Over 60 hands-on recipes that can assist you successfully create advanced and hugely custom-made firm intranet ideas with Liferay Portal 6. x CE approximately This BookLearn the best way to use Liferay Portal to create a completely practical intranet company with a transparent constitution and database of all departments and staff of your companySave a while and cash via taking keep an eye on of your facts, files, and enterprise processesPacked with step by step, real-world examples that will help you with the install, deployment, and configuration of Liferay and that can assist you run robust instruments on your staff or clientsWho This publication Is ForIf you're a Java developer or administrator with a technical historical past and wish to put in and configure Liferay Portal as an firm intranet, this can be the publication for you.
- JavaFX in Action
- Building Applications With WebSphere Studio And JavaBeans. A Guided Tour
- Fuzzy Logic for Image Processing: A Gentle Introduction Using Java
- Java : practical guide for programmers
- Java and XML (3rd Edition)
Additional resources for Accelerated GWT: Building Enterprise Google Web Toolkit Applications
So, let’s start by creating a new Java project in Eclipse. I created the project in a folder called NewsClient in the gwt directory (C:\gwt) of my system. Then I added a source folder named src in the project and added necessary packages to it so that the structure looks like the one shown in Figure 1-5. ) I did not add the server package at this time because the application is not making any RPC calls to server-side logic as of yet. You will learn about RPC (server-side code) starting in Chapter 4 in the book.
The same origin policy restricts the XMLHttpRequest object to making requests outside the domain from which the page was loaded. Therefore, your GWT application cannot make requests for data to domains different from the one from which the page containing the code was originally loaded. Deferred Binding Reflection and dynamic class loading are very powerful concepts used in the Java language, and they open the door to a number of advanced techniques while programming. This section shows how these concepts are used within an example and then relates them back to the GWT.