At 2:36 on Saturday November 24th, a small band of rocketeers set out to prove that a model rocket built from a Red Bull can could in fact be sent into the stratosphere.
They blew it….
- An empty can of Red Bull
- A broken rocket
- An engine 4 times too big for the rocket
- Clear plastic tape
- Play – Doh
As you can clearly ascertain, this was a very well designed aeronautic vehicle.
The Red Bull Rocket was set up for launch. We used an Estes Brand Launch Pad and Launcher. This is standard equipment for such a launch.
To launch a standard model rocket, there are only a few things that actually have to go right:
- The rocket must be designed to fly
- A combustible engine must be inserted into the engine
- The engine must be ignited
- The rocket must take flight
- A parachute must be deployed
- The rocket must float safely down to earth
Unfortunately during this ill-fates launch, only a handful of these things actually took place.
To view the actual flight, click the link below. Remember to hit “back” on your web browser when finished to return to this page.
Red Bull Rocket Flight Footage – Click The Link
The answer is yes. We had way too much time on our hands this weekend.
No related posts.